Our purpose is to glorify God by making disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:16-20) by gathering for weekly worship, growing in our walk with Christ through a small group, and going on mission with God by serving in a ministry and sharing your faith in Christ.
We consider you fully plugged in at Taylor Memorial when you:
Save us, O Lord our God, and gather us from the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name and glory in your praise. Psalm 106:47
The first step in our discipleship process is gathering for weekly worship. When we gather for corporate worship, we hear from God as we listen to His Word preached, we praise God as we sing together, we speak to God as we pray, we give back to God in our tithes and offerings, and we meet with and edify Gods people as we enjoy fellowship with one another.
Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up to salvation. 1 Peter 2:1
Our desire is that you would grow in your walk with Christ. The way we do this at Taylor Memorial is to encourage you to develop a daily time with God where you pray and read the Bible. Beyond this, we encourage every member to get connected to a small group on Sunday mornings. We have small groups for every age and life stage. Our small groups have four goals:
- Bible Study - helping people understand more about Gods Word and how it applies to their daily lives.
- Community - helping people experience Jesus in one another, helping them connect to the body,as they do life together.
- Accountability - helping each other as we strive to live a life worthy of the calling we have received. Allowing other people to speak truth into areas of our lives we often overlook.
- Mission - reproducing disciples by being missionaries to our city and around the world. Helping people experience meaning, purpose, and significance by participating in Jesus' mission in the world by using their gifts to serve in a ministry and share their faith in Christ.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations - Matthew 28:19
We want every member to be involved in a ministry and on mission. We want our members to view themselves as missionaries to our city and the nations. We want to make disciples who make disciples. There are four aspects of going that we emphasize:
- Praying - We want you to pray. We ask you to pray for your walk with Christ, your family and friends, our church body, and for the salvation of the nations. We want the fame of Jesus Christ to spread to the ends of the earth, so we pray for the lost in our community, in our state, in our nation, and around the world.
- Giving - One of the expectations of our members is that they give. Give of your time, your energy, and the financial resources God has given you. We ask members to give because it's Biblical and because reaching people for Christ is important. We believe radical and joyful generosity is one of the results of the gospel. We sacrifice personally so that we can give to others generously.
- Serving - As you grow as a disciple we are going to ask that you plug into an area of service. We want you to connect with a ministry at TMBC that will allow you to use your gifts and abilities to serve others and glorify Him.
- Sharing - We want you to view yourself as a missionary to our culture. This means that we always look for ways to share the good news about Jesus with our friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, and even strangers that we meet.